Thursday 16 May 2013

Just To Let You All Know...

Hi everyone,

For the next two weeks, I won't be able to answer e-mails or inquiries as I'll be in Florida on a family holiday  - yay! I feel it's not fair to my family if I spend my time working, e-mailing, blogging, or tweeting. Besides, if I'm honest, I'll be surviving on adrenalin after going on all the Disney rides. If you do get in touch during that time, I will get around to responding, but it will be a little while. I'll be busy going on rides and crisping in the sun as, sadly, I never tan. I just burn, peel, and go back to being freakishly pale. It's so not fair. What's worse is that whereas some people suit having milk-bottle-white skin, I don't. I just look ill. How special. If there's a secret to tanning, please tell me what it is. My hub says it's sex. Typical.

You know, considering my son's going on holiday tomorrow, you would think he'd be in a fabulous mood. He was a grumpy bugger this morning. I said to him - dozy though I am, I can impart wisdom on my kids from time to time - that he should try looking at what he has got instead of what he hasn't got; that if he didn't learn to do that, he would walk through life being unhappy. After five or so minutes, he said, "You know what, Mum? You're right. I'm lucky, aren't I? I've got a family that love me. I've got my friends. I've got a house, and I've got lots of toys and DVDs. And best of all, the HMV store near us is staying open!"

Can you believe that? Unreal. Children's priorities can be a little warped, can't they?

Take care everyone! If any of you will be in Florida at the same time, I may see you there. You'll easily recognize me - just look for the small redhead (yes, I dyed my hair ruby-red) who's burnt and blistered and hyped on adrenalin.

Suzanne :)





2 comments:

  1. Hope u had a good holiday! I was wondering if you have a website where there will be updates for upcoming books... I am dying to read the next Phoenix Pack book and will be stalking ur blog or webpage to see when it's going to be released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! My website is www.suzannewright.co.uk. The third book of the Phoenix Pack series will be released 2014 and is centered around Nick and Shaya. Take care, S :)

    ReplyDelete