1) Wrote another chapter of Dante's story and fell in love with him a little bit more. He's a cocky ass but an adorable one.
2) Told my daughter she was such a good girl for eating all her dinner
3) Told my daughter she was such a naughty girl for trying to paint the table and floor with her juice
4) Had the most unrelaxing bath ever because my dog and the dog nextdoor decided to have a barking match. My dog won. Then he managed, once again, to get out of his pen. We still haven't figured out how the clever sod is doing it.
5) Used reverse psychology in an attempt to get my son to tidy his room. It didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow. It probably won't work then either.
6) Watched The Neverending Story for the millionth time with my kids and again found myself wondering what happened to the kid who played Atreyu. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything else. I'm pretty sure he won an award for his performance but then...nothing. Or was there something?
7) Frowned as my daughter re-enacted the part in The Neverending Story where the horse, Artax, died. Now, maybe it was just me, but I found that scene really sad when I was a kid. Sure, on a level I knew it wasn't real but it was still sad to watch. The entire time my daughter re-enacts it, she's smiling. So, either, I was alone in the world as a kid who got upset when Artax died, or my daughter is more demonic than I thought.
8) Laughed my arse off watching Britain's Got Talent. Does anyone know why Carmen Electra is on it? I'm not saying she's not talented. It's just that, as I understood it, her particular talent lies in...well a rather blue area. I'm just not sure how that makes her a judge on what's more or less a family show. Am I just a prude?
9) Re-read my recent chapter in Dante's story while at the same time singing my daughter's odd version of Mary Had A Little Lamb (the lamb followed Mary to work resulting in her losing her job - it's from the film Baby's Day Out apparently). Now that's multi-tasking. Can you tell I love my kids to distraction yet?
10) Read a short story by Jaid Black 'Vanished' and kind of liked it - though, seriously, it's not for everyone as some might be offended by the plot. I wasn't because there's an emotional depth between the characters, but I have an unusually strong stomach according to my sister so...
Hope you all had a great day. Oh, if anyone knows any good books I'd really appreciate someone throwing a few titles my way. Thanks!